Monday, February 06, 2006

Bring on the board games and pizza

I built my niece a child-sized oak table for Christmas. Didn't turn out half bad.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

It was made from rough sawn white oak, based on a plan I found in Popular Mechanics (it's not available online). The original inspiration came from a Pottery Barn kids catalog.

It's built with mortise and tenon joinery, lightly stained (I believe it's honey pine stain) and finished with a couple of coats of polyurethane. There are no exposed mechanical fasteners, and the only fasteners at all are the table top and seat clips underneath the table and chairs. Ideally this would let the table top be replaced if necessary.

I had to get this from Kansas to South Carolina in a cost-effective manner, so I took it out with me on the plain mostly finished and assembled it shortly after Christmas (with some help from the family).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home