Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Welcome to the Hotel Kelofornia

It was bound to happen, though it's a little scary given how many laws that were once considered perversely extreme are now being passed.

The Lost Liberty Hotel proposal.

To be built at the address of Justice Souter's current residence, the Lost Liberty Hotel would serve better public use as a hotel with a "museum, open to the public, featuring a permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America."

My favorite kicker: "Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a free copy of Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged."

Although it's too late to claim it, I actually thought this would be a good idea. I couldn't find anyone except one of the majority justices in the case that I wanted to use as a target though.

You can expect that if I hear of anyone local supporting the Kelo decision, a similar thing will happen here. (Un?)fortunately, I can't find anyone who thinks this is a good idea.

[Update: pledge here to stay at the hotel and show the tourist dollars at stake]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home